Thursday, May 9, 2013

Prayer for Today, May 9, 2013


The Lord is my strength and shield. My ever present help in time of need. He is always with me; how can I not be happy, joyful, all the time? I have had an incredible day. I am so blessed.

 

Why so often do I long for more? Why do I not remember to revel in the little things that mean so much to my heart? A stranger’s smile, a friendly conversation, a rainstorm, a ray of sunshine… Why does my rebellious heart so often wish for more than the innumerable blessings it already holds?

 

Oh, dear Lord! That my heart would always be content with You and not caught up in the things of this world! Oh, that I would love and follow and serve You all of the time and not just when the mood strikes. Lord, make me a light in the darkness, a city on a hill, one who cannot and will not be silenced by the world, one whose sole focus is You and You alone. Lord, please, MAKE ME into the person You want me to be. I am not content to be discontent. I want to be satisfied by You. I know there is so much more to You than I can taste right now. And I want all of it. Everything good is from You, is IN You. “You are all I want. You are all I need. Everything my heart could hope for. I am longing for the Glory of You, Lord. ’Cause I know there’s so much more.”

 

“You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

Psalm 16:11(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment